Translate

Friday, July 26, 2013

Mindfulness

I had heard this term recently and looked into what mindfulness meant.  What I have discovered is another tool that nurses can use to help them with their stress. Mindfulness is similar to meditation but  this article below talks about mindfulness-based stress reduction.  I found it very interesting and plan to see what I can do to use this to help not only myself but my patients. 

Penny

Simpson, J., & Mapel, T. (2012). Focusing on the moment brings mental and physical relief. Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand, 18(8), 14-16

4 comments:

  1. Penny, I like your blog. You've proved alot of good information for nurses well-being. Great use of colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. T think as nurses we sometimes forget to take care of ourselves. Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nurses are the worst at taking care of ourselves. This is so true. We self diagnose, eat poorly, sleep poorly, and usually have less than healthy diets, yet we teach others everyday to avoid these behaviors. We need to take our own medicine and advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Kathryn. We definitely don't practice what we preach. I think we need to take control of that and be better to ourselves. Thanks!

    Penny

    ReplyDelete